Monday, February 1, 2021

The Dino128 Lives!

Or a tiny little piece of it does, anyway.

Here's the latest in the DIY video saga, in which I pedantically explain how I've turned the "toy" prototype of my video hardware that could only display bitmapped graphics stored on a ROM into an honest-to-goodness video system which supports ROM'ed and user-defined character sets in text mode, real bitmapped graphics, and a unified shared memory architecture when used with a 6502 CPU.

Skip to the end to see the breadboard running unmodified diagnostic software for the Commodore Pet 2001 on the attached CPU.

Of course, at this point it's *just* the CPU hooked up to a Commodore PET-like arrangement of RAM and ROM, to actually be useful there will need to be some I/O hooked up. One step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dino128 Lives!

Or a tiny little piece of it does, anyway. Here's the latest in the DIY video saga, in which I pedantically explain how I've turned ...