Saturday, January 9, 2021

From Video Card to a full computer...

 I doubt anyone actually reads this blog, but just in case here's a link to the latest in the "Video Card Saga", in which I try to explain how GALs, an old-fashioned little hunk of programmable logic, are magical.


At this point the project is going to turn into a quest to actually build a simple 8-bit computer around this video system and a 6502 CPU. Parts have been purchased, I think I'm going to call it the "Dino128", the 128 because of the 128KB RAM chip I'm going to try first in the prototype, and "Dino" because the system is going to be based roughly on the Commodore PET, and, well, anyone old enough to remember a little town named Bedrock will know the proper name for a prehistoric pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY-A-Fake-Floppy-Drive Video

 New video posted to Youtube, about hacking up a cheap Gotek floppy emulator into a self-contained retro floppy drive substitute for classic...